- did my usual annual narnia run. cuz i now drive far to/from work so the caspian
soundtrack was running non-stop on the pod. makes me cry that dawn treader
wasn't better. boo.
- finally (!!) watched both ironman's. 1 was better than 2 but 2 had mickey rourke looking like one giant meat sack and spitting out russian like no tomorrow. good stuff.
- discovered james rollins
. actually, i'd read black order
last year but only really started getting back into voracious reading this year. rollins' stuff is indiana jones on crack. totally fantasmic.
- switched out my samsung impression for the samsung evergreen. because touchscreen is lame but touchscreen and
constant dropped calls is effing ridiculous. new phone is smoothness...tactile ftw.
- stalked george rr martin at my local vroman's when he was down in l.a. for the GoT teevee show. SQUEE.FEBRUARY
- sped through all the girl
films within the space of two weeks. as in dragon tatoo, played with fire, and hornet's nest. daniel craig's ugly-hot and all, but really, there's no need to remake these flicks. what we have already is pretty damn good.
- a month-long show at the 1650 gallery
in echo park, los angeles. for the THAT'S WEIRD!"
- watched mongol
. that is, like, a strangely fascinating film. even though it's a japanese guy playing temujin. wtf?!
- totally stocked up my amazon wishlist. whereas my previous job drained me of the spark of life, i've now re-stocked in manna (and gold!) so the wishlist has bloomed correspondingly.
- minor car accident. out $600 bucks to fix the plastic buggy. ugh.
- caught the 2009 version of bbc's little dorrit
. matt macfayden was created to live in a top hat and waistcoat. dunno why he wears any other type of clothing at all.MARCH
- saw the dangerous beauty
musical at the pasadena playhouse
. the cast: super-talented and boy can they belt it out. the story...meh. lacked depth. the costumes: oh my i want me a courtesan outfit!. overall though, it's like a college effort production. which i'm kinda sad about. on the flip-side, i've now a new subject to research.
- another month-long show at the 1650 gallery
. this time for the urban landscape
exhibition. couldn't make it out to the show itself.
- tarheels are acc champs!! and beat duke in game 2!! ahahaahahaah!!!!! can't wait for march madness brackets to be posted...!
- oh what the hell with people STEALING IMAGES and then not crediting the original author!!! [link]
so this person uses my image without notifying me OR crediting me. and then accepts that this is all her own work in the comments. i posted my work here way back in freakin' 2006: [link]
. lack of general courtesy just pisses me off no end. wtf people, WTF. i seriously want to punch [expletive] right now.APRIL
- went to my first ever live baseball game. dodgers vs. giants. hello, new obsession.
- in the spirit of aforementioned obsession, bought ken burns' baseball
doc dvd set. it's my leisurely escape into mushy baseball fandom. working through the series one disc at a time.
- emailed the person who borrowed my flowers image (see previous month) and they apologized and gave me credit. which is all good. cuz for a while there i was breathing fire.
- spent several days with panda eyes. those were a miserable couple of days.MAY
- food truck festival!! $50+ but sooooo delicious. perfect weather too...cool and breezy.
- more dodger games. w00t!
- by far the shittiest thing this month was my corolla getting rear ended by a dodge ram. total loss on the corolla so i had to bid goodbye to the plastic buggy (and also the new stickers i JUST purchased and stuck on the back WTF i'm bitter).
- on the other hand, upgraded to a 2011 jetta se in charcoal. sure it drives faster and has bucket seats (leatherette, oooo!!). but really, i'm just ecstatic over the bluetooth and ipod connectivity. the sunroof aint shabby either. paying for gas though...what a pain in the asterisk.
- started shopping for shanghai trip (cousin's wedding). commence crazy spending. boo.JUNE
- dropped 1k+ on new prescription glasses and shades. F.
- shopped Every Damn Weekend in search of two fancy outfits (for the shanghai wedding) and clothes that will keep me cool. plus shoes and jewelry. and stuff like antibacterial wipes, tissue packs, antifungal foot cream (cuz it's massive humid in shanghai), and power converters. wtf. over all expenditure was likely over $600.
- aforementioned six bills does not include 4+ bills dropped on my new point-n-shoot: canon S95. including extra batt.
- went to game 4 of dodgers v. angels. dodgers kicked some ass. while the sun kicked my
ass with a wicked sunburn. right before i had to wear fancy things at the wedding. oops.
- left for shanghai on the 29th.JULY
- it was effing HUMID and GROSS in shanghai
. you could actually see
the steam hanging in the air. i got the dreaded heat stroke.
- was putting together a tv stand from ikea when i found that the last board had no holes pre-drilled
. just a solid piece of composite board. called ikea and forced them to mail a new one to me.
- coworker wrangled me a free slurpee on free slurpee day. w00t!
- bye shuttle program *sniff*
- hello new addiction to npr
- hufflepuffed my way into midnight showing of pooter 7.2. it was ok...the fat grown up versions of them at the end bugged me as much as when i read it in the book. on the other hand, longbottom rocked. still the hero.
- second weekend back from shanghai i flew up to san jose for a friend's wedding
. ate Good Food(tm).AUGUST
- family from midwest and new york visited during the first week. which meant brazilian bbq, lots of crude talk, ceviche, boiling crab and karaoke. oh yieah.
- watched chop shop
(amazing stuff but not really a rewatch), i, robot
(meh), and shutter island
- so far have chomped through yet another rollins (subterranean
) and another austen (persuasion
). trying to get back into the groove of reading and photoshopping.
- finished the mughal princess series from indu sudaresen. damn. i wanna go to india now more than ever. probably need a month to wander through all the monuments i've on my must-see list at this point.
- discovered the awesomeness of fancy CHEESE. and pairing that up with bloody mary mix. YUM.SEPTEMBER
- laid low for most of the month cuz needed financial recoup of earlier expenses.
- which meant that i paid off a ton of stuff, felt like i was in the black, and then spent 80 bucks on plate holders for the monk. slimline chrome, just for the jetta. accessorizing the car is so. much. fun.
- snagged two pairs of shoes from work that were dropped from the official lineup. fringe benefits, w00t! still looking for comfy flats though...
- went to a dodger game wherein hello kitty and her cohorts cavorted on the field during 7th inning stretch. as a girl who loves scifi and cars and food, i was totally suckered in.
- also went to last home game of the season. 5+ months till next season.
- on the other hand, almost ncaa basketball start!!
- flicks seen: boondock saints 1 (hot guys and creative usage of f-bombs, this one's a win for me), boondock saints 2 (too gimmicky off of the first. so sad.), prince of persia (ok yieah, so jake g and the rest of the cast arent even remotely persian. but, urm, this is was so corntastically awesome), transformers 3 (SOOOOO much more awesome that the wtf that was part 2.).OCTOBER
- redsox get bumped but cardinals brought it home. a world series that had me hyperventilating.
- the spirit (dammit, twas lame), sin city (eh), district 9 (home run).
- re-addicted myself to seven kingdoms 2
- paid off one of two cars. BOOYAH.
- stabbed my left hand on a razor blade. wtfbbq.
- dyed the tips of my hair fuschia. good times. now carrying my pink purse every where just to match my hair. even better times.NOVEMBER
- l.a. carshow was so, so fun. new loves are the audi s7 and the skyline. no bugatti showing though, boo.
- showing of bloom
at the EAT ME
exhibition hosted by 1650 gallery
. mmmmmmm. fooood.
- watchmen (awesome), donny darko (win!), grandma's boy (ddr is teh best).
- comikaze, sunday edition. so it aint comic con...oh but how i've missed the nerd vibe.
- walked down the stairs funny and sprained the right wrist. wtfbbq.
- started the "select episodes of dr. quinn" marathon.DECEMBER
- loot: wii, lotr extended edition in bluray, cash, scarf, puffy vest. those were the Very Important Things.
- rear-ended AGAIN, TWICE by the same guy in the span of two minutes. wtf. srsly. happened on the 23rd. F.
- to mitigate the anger from the car accident, i bought cupcakes and new purse. retail therapy...mmm...
- spent christmas day with the hunger games. that is some fun stuff.
IMAGE USE POLICY
unless otherwise noted, all images in the gallery are NOT free stock.
for personal use as desktop wallpaper ONLY.
images may be altered for personal wallpaper usage but may NOT be distributed with the changes for others to use.
please email or note me for permission to use my images in all projects.